This article found on abc27.com dated May 2, 2012, discusses a rally held by members of the Intellectual Disability Community at the rotunda of the Pennsylvania state capital building. Hats off to those Senators and Representatives who were encouraging the folks participating in the rally to make themselves heard by Governor Corbett.
To those who are organizing and participating in the rallies against Gov. Corbett’s proposed 20% cut to mental health and intellectual disability services I tip my hat to all of you, you’re doing what I can only dream of doing.
- Pennsylvania disability rights advocates demand Gov. Tom Corbett keep his promise to the state’s most vulnerable citizens (pennlive.com)
- Harrisburg school supporters to hold rally at state Capitol (pennlive.com)
- DIA Rally in Harrisburg Wednesday, February 29, 2012 (pamhi.wordpress.com)
- Disabilities advocates file lawsuit (philly.com)
- “Three videos of mental health patients telling their stories” (pamhi.wordpress.com)
- Gov. Tom Corbett ‘open to discussion’ on budget modifications (pennlive.com)