(Both links include audio and text)
This series talks about Elyn Saks who managed to hide her diagnosis of Schizophrenia while successfully earning multiple degrees. She later wrote a book, and self-disclosed about her illness much to the shock of many who knew her. She speaks on mental health issues now using her own experiences as a way to reach others. She indicates that she is pro-psychiatry, but anti-force, which she explains within the audio of part 2 linked above.
- What’s It Like To Have A Psychotic Episode? (wnyc.org)
- “The Unquiet Mind”: TED Radio Hour season 2 premieres today (ted.com)
- Video: Professor E. Saks Talks About Her Journey With Schizophrenia (myneighbourstherapist.com)
- An Unquiet Mind (truestoriesofabeautifulsoul.wordpress.com)
- Are We All A Little Psychopathic? (wnyc.org)
- Seeing mental illness: Elyn Saks at TEDGlobal2012 (ted.com)