This January 27, 2014 article found on the NewsWorks website talks about documented links between concussions and depression in teens. They aren’t clear why this link is seen, but they do feel it happens a lot.
- Teens With History of Concussions at High Risk For Depression, Study (scienceworldreport.com)
- Teen concussions increase risk for depression (sciencedaily.com)
- “Primary Care Providers May Balk at Giving Teens Antidepressants” (pamhi.wordpress.com)
- Study uses aerobic exercise to treat teens with depression (globalnews.ca)
- A concussion can lead to depression years later (medicalnewstoday.com)