This February 5, 2014 NPR “The Two-way” article talks about a decision being made by the CEO of CVS to stop the sale of tobacco products in all CVS locations by October 1. The decision is based on their desire to promote health and wellness. CVS is indicating that they will be offering a variety of smoking cessation tools to help those who would like to consider quitting their tobacco habit.
- CVS is getting out of the tobacco game (washingtontimes.com)
- CVS to Stop Selling Cigarettes – Wall Street Journal (online.wsj.com)
- CVS Caremark plans stop selling tobacco products (triblive.com)
- Obama praises CVS for pulling tobacco from shelves (kvue.com)
- Obama praises CVS for pulling tobacco from shelves (metronews.ca)
- CVS Caremark, No. 2 Drugstore Chain, Will End All Tobacco Sales (ktla.com)