This May 13, 2014 Psychology Today article talks about the very real impacts of stigma on people with mental illnesses and their families, and offers some thoughts on what changes are needed and what those changes could mean to those with mental illnesses.
- A Look at Stigma (endthestigmablog.wordpress.com)
- Mental health education at young age key in reducing stigma: experts (globalnews.ca)
- Breaking the Stigma of Mental Health (thefamilyinstitute.wordpress.com)
- The Stigma of Mental Illness Is Making Us Sicker (psychologytoday.com)
- Mental health conditions cause greater stigma in families than physical problems (psypost.org)
- Is there a stigma around mental illness in local politics? (theguardian.com)
Filed under: Advocacy and Awareness, Anti-stigma, Mental Health, Recovery | Tagged: Anti-stigma, anti-stigmas, Disease, Disorders, Education, Health, mental disorder, Mental Health, mental health stigma, Mental Illness, Policy and Advocacy, stereotyping, Stigma, stigmas |