This July 3, 2014 WSEE News article from Erie, PA talks about something many of us may not even think of. Fireworks can be something that can trigger PTSD symptoms in Veterans, not just the sound of them, but the smell can be an issue also so many Veterans with PTSD
tend to avoid fireworks displays and will try to avoid the 4th of July in general because of these reminders of their combat experiences.
- Fireworks can worsen PTSD symptoms in veterans (kens5.com)
- Fireworks on Fourth can trigger PTSD for vets (sacbee.com)
- Fireworks Cause Problems For Veterans With PTSD (indianapublicmedia.org)
- Many war vets take shelter from Fourth of July fireworks (myfox8.com)
- Fourth of July causes concern for combat veterans with PTSD (wfmz.com)
- Veteran with PTSD calls for firework awareness on Fourth of July (dailydot.com)