This July 12, 2014 TribLive News article talks about a new law in Pennsylvania that is requiring schools to begin to educate kids as young as 6th grade about suicide prevention. This law was passed in part because across the country the number of deaths because of suicide has surpassed the number of deaths due to vehicle accidents. other factors discussed in the article were some specific cases of suicide that were also a catalyst for the new law.
- As suicides spike, new Pa. law to start prevention efforts in 6th grade (triblive.com)
- Reminding Loved Ones That Life Is Precious: Suicide Prevention Resources (lifeinsurancequote.net)
- Suicide And The Cost Of Life (autoinsurancecenter.com)
- Free suicide prevention training to be held in York County on June 12 (fox43.com)
- Youth suicide, genocide may see discussion in Pa. schools (vindy.com)
Filed under: Advocacy and Awareness, Awareness, Laws, Men's Issues, Mental Health, Pediatric Issues, State, suicide, suicide prevention, Teen Issues, Treatment and Support, Women's Issues | Tagged: Health, Mental Health, Pennsylvania, pennsylvania suicide prevention law, Suicide, suicide prevention, suicide prevention law, teen suicide, teen suicide prevention, Whole health |