This August 18, 2014 article on the Pittsburgh Business Times website talks about a recent study that seems to show there is an increased risk of disability due to mental health or neurodevelopmental causes among children of families who are at about 400% of the national poverty level. The study also shows that disability due to asthma has decreased which they feel is due to better medications for treating asthma being available.
- More kids with mental disorders, Pittsburgh-based study shows (triblive.com)
- Child Neurodevelopmental And Mental Health Disabilities On The Rise, Children’s Hospital Of Pittsburgh Of UPMC Study Finds (medicalnewstoday.com)
- Disabilities in kids rise; not physical problems (cnsnews.com)
- Helping young adults with neurodevelopmental disabilities (sciencedaily.com)
- Researchers Find New Genetic Pathway Behind Neurodevelopmental Disorders (medicalnewstoday.com)
- More Kids Diagnosed With Mental Health Disabilities, Study Finds (news.health.com)
Filed under: Issues, Mental Health, Pediatric Issues, Physical Health, Poverty, Resperitory, Whole health | Tagged: asthma, behavioral Health, child, children, Developmental disorder, disability, disabled, Mental Health, Mental Illness, Neurodevelopmental, neurodevelopmental disability, neurodevelopmental disorders |