This September 2, 2014 Health Day article found on the Philly.com website talks about how family meals can help prevent kids from being negatively impacted by cyber-bullying. The article also offers a reminder to parents to be aware of what you kids are doing online so you can help head off problems before they get out of hand.
- Cyberbullying a Real Problem, With Child Safety Never More Threatened Due to the Internet (eteknix.com)
- Cyberbullying Leads To Depression, Substance Abuse and Internet Addiction Among Teenagers (hngn.com)
- School-Based Cyberbullying Interventions (education.com)
- Active role for parents needed against cyberbullying (o.canada.com)
- Cyberbullying only rarely the sole factor identified in teen suicides (sciencedaily.com)
Filed under: Abuse prevention, Advocacy and Awareness, Anti-bullying, Depression, Issues, Mental Health, Mental Illness, Pediatric Issues, Teen Issues, Treatment and Support | Tagged: bullied, bully, Bullying, Cyber-bullying, cyberbully, depression, Mental Health, Parent, school bullying, Social media |