This January 30, 2015 AP news article found on the Lancaster Online Website talks about the recipient of the first Social Security check, and offers a stark reminder that without action on the part of the federal government, Social Security Disability will be out of money in 2016. The rich seem to view the disabled as expendable and as such when costs need cut, the first cuts to occur generally impact the poor, disabled and middle class. If those on Social Security don’t come together and rally for change, we will remain easy targets for the rich to prey on.
- Sanders promises to defend Social Security (sfgate.com)
- Congress Sets Up Major Fight Over Social Security (politicalwire.com)
- House GOP forcing 2016 debate on Social Security’s finances (ksn.com)
- House Rule Sets Up Election-Year Battle Over Social Security (goldsborodailynews.com)
- Social Security Extends Hours At Field Offices (jpupdates.com)
- Meet Ida May Fuller, recipient of 1st Social Security check (trib.com)
Filed under: Politics, Poverty, Senior Citizens | Tagged: 2016, disabled, disabled at the mercy of the federal government, elderly, federal government, Mental Health, physical health, Politics, social security, Social Security Disability, social security to run out of money in 2016, SSDI, SSI |