This August 22, 2014 WFMZ News segment actually has a bunch of smaller segments within it. Some of the topics covered include ….
Information about how having a good neighbor can decrease your risk of a heart attack.
A segment offering insight into lesser known mental health risks due to giving birth, which can include PTSD and anxiety among other things that people typically don’t think of happening as the result of giving birth.
Cancer Screening shortfalls
and a segment on a study done involving 5th graders, violent video games and results that show a possible link between the kids who played for more than 2 hours per day and an increased risk of depression. The researchers are saying further research is needed to better determine if the depression is caused by the gaming or if the gaming more than 2 hours per day could be in response to the depression and be viewed as a possible symptom of the depression. The researches did say they really need to do more research to better understand the possible link between violent video games and depression so they can better understand the cause and effect between gaming and depression.
- Good neighbors are good for your heart (cnn.com)
- Violent video games may put kids at higher risk for depression (ibnlive.in.com)
- Journalists Can Get PTSD Without Leaving Their Desks (psmag.com)
- PTSD and major depressive episode linked with preterm birth (2minutemedicine.com)
- Breastfeeding mothers less likely to suffer depression, study finds (irishtimes.com)