- Sub-topics under this page ….
The following links offer general overviews of services offered at various State Hospitals in Pennsylvania. Most pages include information about the location, counties served, services offered, and a history of the State Hospital. All the pages unless otherwise noted were found on the PA Dept. of Public Welfare website.
- Allentown State Hospital
- Clarks Summit State Hospital
- Danville State Hospital
- Harrisburg State Hospital
- Norristown State Hospital
- Torrance State Hospital
- Warren State Hospital
- Wernersville State Hospital
The following links are from various sources and in some cases include pictures along with an overview of the history of the hospital.
- Asylum Projects
- Includes information about State Hospitals across the USA and Internationally. it’s an interesting site to visit since reading the various histories of the different Hospitals can help to see the progress that has been made in the mental health system.
- JennerLynn.com is my personal website, where I have been placing information I have found while researching the history of Warren State Hospital which is located in North Warren, PA. The site is a work in progress, and because of personal issues, updates are rather sporadic, but I have done my best to cite my findings along with the location of my sources so others can verify my information.
- Kirkbride Buildings focuses on discussion about buildings made using Dr. Thomas S. Kirkbride’s building plan. The forum also offers discussion of other topics relating to state hospitals in general, it is among my favorite sites to visit because of the amount of information that gets shared in the forums.
- Includes photos and some history for Danville State Hospital and Harrisburg State Hospital with possibility of other facilities to be added over time.
If anyone knows of any similar sites from other sources, feel free to submit them to me for possible inclusion here.