This May 13, 2014 article on The Morning Call website talks about two bills that have been proposed that would have an impact on the mental health community. One bill is by Rep Tim Murphy and the second is by Rep. Ron Barber.
- Party approaches to mental health are miles apart (post-gazette.com)
- Viewpoints: Why the government misunderstands mental illness (sacbee.com)
- “These Days, You Have to Rob a Bank to Get Mental Health Treatment” (huffingtonpost.com)
- Congressmen introduce competing mental health bills (usatoday.com)
- “Bill to overhaul mental-health care draws praise and criticism” (pamhi.wordpress.com)
- The Stigma of Mental Illness Is Making Us Sicker (psychologytoday.com)