This July 11, 2014 WESA NPR segment talks about proposed legislation in the state Senate for helping to increase the affordable housing available in Pennsylvania. The bill includes help for people who are elderly, disabled, or otherwise lo-income who may have a tough time finding and keeping housing they can afford.
This March 20, 2014 NPR article talks about the struggle between the Pennsylvania State House and Senate over whether
or not a warrant would be needed to allow police to get access to a prescription database.
- Vance-backed prescription drug database bill moves out of committee (pennlive.com)
- Bill Pushed To Stop Precription Abusers (wnep.com)
- “Casey promoting bills to combat prescription drug abuse” (pamhi.wordpress.com)
- Drug Overdose Deaths Spur Legislation (roysrants.wordpress.com)
- Local leaders push for new legislation on prescription drugs (wfmz.com)
- Drug overdose deaths spur monitoring legislation (republicanherald.com)