This August 21, 2012 article on the philly.com website talks about a recent study that indicates more doctors are showing signs of burnout then had previously been seen.
In my opinion, this study should serve as a reminder to us all, that doctors are humans, and as such, they need to be given emotional support just like the rest of us.
- Doctor Burnout: How Common Is It? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Is Your Doctor Burned Out? Nearly Half of U.S. Physicians Say They’re Exhausted (healthland.time.com)
- Don’t Drop That Scalpel: Nearly Half of Doctors Experiencing ‘Burnout’ (usnews.com)
- U.S. Physicians Commonly Have Symptoms Of Burnout (medicalnewstoday.com)
- 3 simple games to lower doctor stress and prevent burnout (kevinmd.com)
- The Many Dangers of Burned-Out Doctors (businessweek.com)
- Is your doctor burned out? (cnn.com)
- BehindTheMedspeak: “Nearly half of doctors report symptoms of burnout” (bookofjoe.com)
- Doctor burnout: Nearly half of physicians report symptoms – USA TODAY (drugstoresource.wordpress.com)
- The Physician Burnout Epidemic: What It Means for Patients and Reform (theatlantic.com)